Accudyne Engineering & Equipment Company is an industry leader in the design, development and manufacturing of press systems utilizing Hot Forming (HF) technology.
Traditionally, fabrication of complex sheet metal components involves an intricate combination of cutting, grinding, stretching and matching rough shaped component elements with final assembly often requiring welding, riveting, and various other fastening methods. Today, a much more affordable alternate manufacturing solution is to use near-net shape processes such as Hot Forming (HF) or Superplastic Forming (SPF).
Hot forming allows the near-net forming of shaped or contoured parts from exotic, unforgiving metals and alloys that do not exhibit superplastic characteristics. Hot Forming is typically used for shaping complex parts with simple bends or gentle contours like aerospace stiffeners,automotive brackets, angles, shrouds and ducts. The finished parts are produced from a single sheet or piece of material and are effectively stress relieved during the process, thus eliminating post-formed spring-back.
- Down-Acting construction, the press frame working area is fully enclosed by retractable, insulated heat shields providing full access both front and rear.
- Operating temperatures up to 1800°F.
- Heated platen material options include metallic (RA330/333, Supertherm®) or ceramic (fused silica), both with multi-zone temperature profiling for optimum uniformity and control.
- Precise control of closing speeds, position setpoints, forming rates and forming tonnage.
- Systems can be equipped with custom engineered material handling solutions from draw forming/part eject circuits to automated lower platen shuttles for ease of part removal and tooling changes.
- Computer control systems are available to provide advanced features including data collection, process variable archiving and real-time trending, process development and database, and manufacturing engineeringnetwork interfaces.
- Process control systems integrate proportional control valves for programmable, forming rates, precision position control and hydraulic pressure ramp rates.
- All Accudyne press systems are OSHA compliant and manufactured to all recognized national industrial codes and standards.